Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
- Disorders of the eccrine sweat glands and sweating.in: Goldsmith L.A. Katz S.I. Gilchrest B.A. Fitzpatrick's dermatology in general medicine. 8th edition. McGraw Hill, New York2012: 936-947 (Chapter 84)
- US prevalence of hyperhidrosis and impact on individuals with axillary hyperhidrosis: results from a national survey.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2004; 51: 241-248
- Primary focal hyperhidrosis: disease characteristics and functional impairment.Dermatology. 2006; 212: 343-353
- An epidemiological study of hyperhidrosis.Dermatol Surg. 2007; 33: S69-S75
- Oral glycopyrrolate as second-line treatment for primary pediatric hyperhidrosis.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2012; 67: 918-923
- Palmar hyperhidrosis: long-term follow-up of nine children and adolescents treated with botulinum toxin type A.Pediatr Dermatol. 2009; 26: 439-444
- Primary pediatric hyperhidrosis: a review of current treatment options.Pediatr Dermatol. 2008; 25: 591-598
- Primary hyperhidrosis increases the risk of cutaneous infection: a case-control study of 387 patients.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2009; 61: 242-246
- Diagnosis and treatment of primary focal hyperhidrosis in children and adolescents.Semin Cutan Med Surg. 2010; 29: 121-126
- Diagnosis, impact, and management of focal hyperhidrosis: treatment review including botulinum toxin therapy.Facial Plast Surg Clin North Am. 2007; 15 (v–vi): 17-30
- Hyperhidrosis and botulinum toxin in dermatology.Karger, Basel (Switzerland)2001
- Studies on topical antiperspirant control of axillary hyperhidrosis.Acta Derm Venereol. 1975; 55: 241-260
- Axillary hyperhidrosis treated with alcoholic solution of aluminium chloride hexahydrate.Br Med J. 1978; 2: 84-85
- Aluminum chloride hexahydrate versus palmar hyperhidrosis. Evaporimeter assessment.Int J Dermatol. 1990; 29: 368-370
- Localized hyperhidrosis treated with aluminum chloride in a salicylic acid gel base.Int J Dermatol. 1998; 37: 701-703
- Management of primary hyperhidrosis: a summary of the different treatment modalities.Am J Clin Dermatol. 2003; 4: 681-697
- Preliminary study of glycopyrrolate in the management of drooling.J Paediatr Child Health. 1997; 33: 52-54
- Glycopyrrolate treatment of chronic drooling.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1996; 150: 932-935
- Oxybutynin: dry days for patients with hyperhidrosis.Neth J Med. 2006; 64: 326-328
- Functional analysis of muscarinic acetylcholine receptors using knockout mice.Life Sci. 2004; 75: 2971-2981
- Use of oral glycopyrronium bromide in hyperhidrosis.Br J Dermatol. 2007; 157: 118-121
- The use of topical glycopyrrolate in the treatment of hyperhidrosis.Clin Exp Dermatol. 1998; 23: 204-205
- Craniofacial hyperhidrosis successfully treated with topical glycopyrrolate.South Med J. 2002; 95: 756-758
- A randomised controlled trial of topical glycopyrrolate, the first specific treatment for diabetic gustatory sweating.Diabetologia. 1997; 40: 299-301
- Focal hyperhidrosis: diagnosis and management.CMAJ. 2005; 172: 69-75
- Oral glycopyrrolate for refractory pediatric and adolescent hyperhidrosis.Pediatr Dermatol. 2014; 31: e28-e30
Diaz L, Bicknel L, McNiece K, et al. Poster presentation. Society for Pediatric Dermatology Poster Presentation. Milwaukee (WI), July 11-14, 2013.
- Hyperhidrosis: evolving therapies for a well-established phenomenon.Mayo Clin Proc. 2005; 80: 657-666
- Iontophoresis with glycopyrrolate for the treatment of palmoplantar hyperhidrosis.Australas J Dermatol. 2004; 45: 208-212
- Safe control of palmoplantar hyperhidrosis with direct electrical current.Int J Dermatol. 2002; 41: 602-605
- Bilateral thoracoscopic sympathectomy: results and long-term follow-up.Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2008; 7: 67-70
- Botulinum toxin-B and the management of hyperhidrosis.Clin Dermatol. 2004; 22: 60-65
- Evidence-based review of the nonsurgical management of hyperhidrosis.Thorac Surg Clin. 2008; 18: 157-166
- Palmar hyperhidrosis in a 13-year-old boy: treatment with botulinum toxin A.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2005; 44: 549-551
- Botulinum toxin type A in the treatment of primary axillary hyperhidrosis: a 52-week multicenter double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study of efficacy and safety.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2007; 56: 604-611
Glaser DA, Coleman WP, Loss R, et al. 4-Year longitudinal data on the efficacy and safety of repeated botulinum toxin type A therapy for primary axillary hyperhidrosis. Presented at the 65th American Academy of Dermatology Conference 2007. Washington, DC, February 1–5, 2007.
- Treating childhood hyperhidrosis with botulinum toxin type A.Arch Dis Child. 2002; 86: 68
- Intradermal botulinum A toxin injection for axillary hyperhydrosis.J Pediatr Surg. 2005; 40 (414): 1668-1669
- Current and emerging therapeutic modalities for hyperhidrosis, part 2: moderately invasive and invasive procedures.Cutis. 2007; 79: 281-288
- Treatment of axillary hyperhidrosis/bromidrosis using VASER ultrasound.Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2009; 33: 312-323
- Thoracic sympathicolysis for primary hyperhidrosis: a review of 918 procedures.Surg Endosc. 2006; 20: 598-602
- Thoracic sympathectomy.Curr Probl Dermatol. 2002; 30: 64-76
- Thoracoscopic upper thoracic sympathectomy for primary palmar hyperhidrosis in children and adolescents.J Pediatr Surg. 1995; 30: 471-473
- Do children tolerate thoracoscopic sympathectomy better than adults?.Pediatr Surg Int. 2007; 24: 343-347
- Thoracoscopic upper thoracic sympathectomy for primary palmar hyperhidrosis.Harefuah. 1996; 131: 303-305
- Thoracoscopic sympathectomy for palmar hyperhidrosis in children: 21 years of experience at a tertiary care center.Eur J Pediatr Surg. 2013; 23: 486-489
Funding Sources/Conflict of Interest: Allergan (note: all research funds were paid to The University of Texas Medical School - Houston, Houston, Texas; Protocol Number 191622-075-00, Allergan, 2005 – 2007) (A.A. Hebert); No conflicts to report (B.R. Bohaty).