To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Dermatologic Clinics
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Diversity improves performance and outcomes.J Natl Med Assoc. 2019; 111: 383-392
- The science and value of diversity: closing the gaps of our understanding of inclusion and diversity.J Infect Dis. 2019; 220: S33-S41
- Systems of power, axes of inequity: parallel, intersections, braiding the strands.Med Care. 2014; 52: S71-S75
- Thwarting the need to belong: understanding the interpersonal and inner effects of social exclusion.Soc Personal Psychol Compass. 2007; 1: 506-520
- Social belonging as a predictor of surgical well- being and attrition.J Surg Educ. 2019; 76: 370-377
- A brief social-belonging intervention improves academic and health outcomes of minority students.Science. 2011; 331: 1147-1151
- Social identities promote well- being because they satisfy global psychological needs.Eur J Soc Psychol. 2015; 46: 294-307
- Unequal treatment: confronting racial and ethnic disparities in health care.National Academy Press (US), Washington, DC2003
- Racial differences in the treatment of early-stage lung cancer.N Engl J Med. 1999; 341: 1198-1205
- Racial variation in the use of coronary-revascularization procedures—are the differences real? Do they matter?.N Engl J Med. 1997; 336: 480-486
- Differences by race in the rates of procedures performed in hospitals for Medicare beneficiaries.Health Care Financ Rev. 1994; 15: 77-90
- Association of race/ethnicity and sex with differences in health care use and treatment for acne.JAMA Dermatol. 2020; 156: 312-319
- Psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis in African-American patients the need to measure disease burden.Clin Rheumatol. 2015; 34: 1753-1759
- A systematic scoping review of racial, ethnic, socioeconomic health disparities in pediatric dermatology.Pediatr Dermatol. 2021; 38: 6-12
- The ongoing racial disparities in melanoma: an analysis of the surveillance, epidemiology, and end results database (1975-2016).J Am Acad Dermatol. 2021; 84: 1585-1593
- Racial bias in pain assessment, treatment recommendations, and false beliefs about biological differences in Blacks and Whites.PNAS. 2016; 113: 4296-4301
- The ability of primary care physicians to recognize common dermatoses.Arch Dermatol. 1981; 117: 620-622
- Novel education modules addressing the underrepresentation of skin of color in dermatology training.J Cutan Med Surg. 2022; 26: 17-24
- Dermatologic health disparities.Dermatol Clin. 2012; 30: 53-vii
- Assessment of Black patients’ perception of their dermatology care.JAMA Dermatol. 2019; 155: 1129-1134
- Why dermatology is the second least diverse specialty in medicine: How did we get here?.Clin Dermatol. 2020; 38: 310-315
- An approach to examining tightly coiled hair among patients with hair loss in race-discordant patient-physician interactions.JAMA Dermatol. 2021; 157: 505-506
- Building inclusion and belonging in training environments.J Grad Med Educ. 2022; 14: 333-334
- Changes in burnout and satisfaction with work-life balance in physicians and the general US working population between 2011 and 2014.Mayo Clin Proc. 2015; 90: 1600-1613
- Drivers and sequelae of burnout in U.S. dermatology trainees.Int J Womens Dermatol. 2021; 7: 780-786
© 2023 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.