Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Dermatologic Clinics
Talking About Race: Historical Foundations of Race. In. National Museum of African American History and Culture Smithsonian.
- “Nation to ”Race”: The Origin of Racial Classification in Eighteenth-Century Thought.Eighteenth-Century Stud. 1996; 29: 247-264
- Taylor and Kelly's dermatology for Skin of color.2nd ed. McGraw-Hill Education., 2016
- The Lynching of Persons of Mexican Origin or Descent in the United States, 1848 to 1928.J Social Hist. 2003; 37: 411-438
- Structural racism and health inequities in the USA: evidence and interventions.Lancet. 2017; 389: 1453-1463
- The rise and decline of the Jewish quota in medical school admissions.Bull N Y Acad Med. 1992; 68: 497-518
- Africa and Africans in the making of the Atlantic world, 1400–1800.Cambridge University Press, 1998
- The Origins Debate: Slavery and Racism in Seventeenth-Century Virginia.Va Mag Hist Biogr. 1989; 97: 311-354
- Bacon's rebellion in Indian Country.101. Oxford University Press/USA., 2014
- Inventing Black and White. Facing History and Ourselves Web site.(Available at:)Accessed May 17, 2022)
- Slavery in America. Ferris State University.(Available at:)Accessed May 18, 2022)
Riggs T. Cotton Gin Turns Cotton into Leading Cash Crop, Increases Demand for Slave Labor. In: Riggs T. ed., Gale Encyclopedia of U.S. Economic History. 2015, Vol 1. 2nd edn, Gale: Farmington Hills, MI, p.306–7.
- Slavery and the American South.Am Civil War Reference Libr. 2000; 3: 1-14
- Slavery, Work, and Racism in America: A Review of Four Books.Am J Public Health. 2019; 109: 1312-1314
- Slavery and Emancipation. In: John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated.(Available at:)
- The Other Side of Slavery: Black Labor, Cotton, and Textile Industrialization in Great Britain and the United States.Agric Hist. 1994; 68: 35-50
- Civil War. History.com.(Available at:)Accessed May 17, 2022)
- Black Codes. History.com.(Available at:)Accessed May 17 2022)
- Black Code. Ferris State University.(Available at:)Accessed May 17, 2022)
- Using Racist Memorabilia to Teach Tolerance and Promote Social Justice. In: PM Press.(Available at:)
- Jim Crow and segregation: classroom materials at the library of congress. The Library of Congress.(Available at:)Accessed May 17, 2022)
- Georgetown Law Library. Civil rights in the United States, a brief history: 1870s - 1950s.(Available at:)Accessed May 17, 2022)
- Community Segregation, Redlining, and Public Health.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2021; 27: 435-436
Krehbiel, Randy. Tulsa 1921 : Reporting a Massacre, University of Oklahoma Press, 2019. ProQuest Ebook Central.
- Tulsa Race Riot. A report by the Oklahoma Commission to Study the Tulsa race riot of 1921.https://www.okhistory.org/research/forms/freport.pdfDate: 2001Date accessed: July 25, 2022
- Call to Action: Structural Racism as a Fundamental Driver of Health Disparities.Circulation. 2020; 142: e454-e468
- Andrew Jackson: his life and times.Anchor Books, New York2006
- Britannica. Five Civilized Tribes. Encyclopedia Britannica.(Available at:)Accessed April, 2022)
- The Legacy of Indian Removal.J South Hist. 2012; 78: 3-36
- History.com. Trail of Tears. A&E Television Networks History Web site.(Available at:)Accessed July 2020)
- Manifest Destiny and Indian Removal. Smithsonian American Art Museum.(Available at:)https://americanexperience.si.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Manifest-Destiny-and-Indian-Removal.pdf(Accessed April, 2022)
President Andrew Jackson's Message to Congress “On Indian Removal”; 12/16/1830; Presidential Messages, 1789 - 1875; Records of the U.S. Senate,. Available at: https://www.archives.gov/milestone-documents/jacksons-message-to-congress-on-indian-removal. Accessed April, 2022.
- Trail of Tears. Encyclopedia Britannica Web site.(Available at:)Accessed May 17, 2022)
- Episodes from the Genocide of the Native Americans: A Review Essay.Genocide Stud Prev An Int J. 2007; 2 (Article 7)
- Ten stages of american indian genocide.Revista Interamericana de Psicologia/Interamerican J Psychol. 2018; 52: 25-44
- National Academies of Sciences E, and Medicine; Health and Medicine Division; Board on Population Health and Public Health Practice; Committee on Community-Based Solutions to Promote Health Equity in the United States.in: Baciu A. Negussie Y. Geller A. Communities in action: Pathways to health equity. National Academies Press (US), Washington (DC)2017 (Appendix A, Native American Health: Historical and Legal Context. Available at:)
- The Assimilation, Removal, and Elimination ofNative Americans.(Available at:)https://mcgrath.nd.edu/assets/390540/expert_guide_on_the_assimilation_removal_and_elimination_of_native_americans.pdfDate: 2020
- No longer a silent victim of history:" repurposing the documents of Japanese American internment.Arch Sci. 2011; 11: 25-46
- Short History of Amache Japanese Internment Camp. Colorado state archives.(Available at:)https://archives.colorado.gov/sites/archives/files/Short%20History%20of%20Amache%20Japanese%20Internment%20Camp_0.pdf(Accessed May 18, 2022)
Gomez L. Manifest Destiny's Legacy: Race in America at the Turn of the Twentieth Century. 2007:117-147.
- Chinese American Voices : From the Gold Rush to the Present. In: University of California Press.(Available at:)
- The Chinese Must Go: Violence, Exclusion, and the Making of the Alien in America. In: Harvard University Press.(Available at:)
- Chinese exclusion act. History.com.(Available at:)Accessed May 17, 2022)
- Chinese Los Angeles in 1870-1871: The Makings of a Massacre.South Calif Q. 2008; 90: 109-158
- Chinese Immigration and the Chinese Exclusion Acts. US Department of State.(Available at:)https://history.state.gov/milestones/1866-1898/chinese-immigration#:∼:text=In%201888%2C%20Congress%20took%20exclusion,unable%20to%20prevent%20its%20passage(Accessed May 17, 2022)
- Confinement and Ethnicity: An Overview of World War II Japanese American Relocation Sites.. 2003; 104: 131-132
- Executive Order 9066 and Italian Americans: The San Francisco Story.Calif Hist (San Francisco). 1991; 70: 366-377
- The Jewish problem in U.S. medical education, 1920-1955.J Hist Med Allied Sci. 2001; 56: 140-167
- Why Did the United States Medical School Admissions Quota for Jews End?.Am J Med Sci. 2019; 358: 317-325
- The Health Literacy of America’s Adults: Results From the 2003 National Assessment of Adult Literacy (NCES 2006–483). U.S. Department of Education, Washington, DC2006
- The Effects of School Spending on Educational and Economic Outcomes: Evidence from School Finance Reforms.Q J Econ. 2016; 131: 157-218
- Structural racism and its influence on the severity of atopic dermatitis in African American children.Pediatr Dermatol. 2020; 37: 142-146
- Insurance Acceptance, Appointment Wait Time, and Dermatologist Access Across Practice Types in the US.JAMA Dermatol. 2021; 157: 181-188
- Association of Delays in Surgery for Melanoma With Insurance Type.JAMA Dermatol. 2017; 153: 1106-1113
- Comparison of Dermatologist Density Between Urban and Rural Counties in the United States.JAMA Dermatol. 2018; 154: 1265-1271
- AMA: Racism is a threat to public health. American Medical Association Health Equity Web site.(Available at:)Accessed May 17, 2022)