Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribers receive full online access to your subscription and archive of back issues up to and including 2002.
Content published before 2002 is available via pay-per-view purchase only.
Subscribe:Subscribe to Dermatologic Clinics
- Why race still matters.Daedalus. 2005; 134: 102-116
- The apportionment of human diversity.in: Evolutionary biology. Springer, New York1972: 381-398
- Genetic structure of human populations.Science. 2002; 298: 2381-2385
- The colours of humanity: the evolution of pigmentation in the human lineage.Philosophical Trans R Soc B: Biol Sci. 2017; 372: 20160349
- Why genes don't count (for racial differences in health).Am J Public Health. 2000; 90: 1699
- Types of mankind: polygenism and scientific racism in the nineteenth century United States scientific community. Pittsburg State University Digital Commons. (2014) Electronic Thesis Collection.(Available at:)Accessed July 17, 2022)
- Morton, Agassiz, and the Origins of Scientific Racism in the United States. Journal of Blacks in Higher Education. 2001/2002. 111-113.(Available at:)Accessed July 17, 2022)
- An Essay on the Natural History of Mankind: Viewed in Connection with Negro Slavery: delivered before the Southern Rights Association, 14th December, 1850.https://archive.org/details/essayonnaturalhi00nott/page/16/mode/2up?q=brainDate accessed: July 17, 2022
- Darwin on race, gender, and culture.Am Psychol. 2009; 64: 111
- Medicalizing Blackness: making racial difference in the Atlantic world, 1780-1840.UNC Press Books, Chapel Hill, NC2017
- What Is White Privilege, Really? Recognizing white privilege begins with truly understanding the term itself.Teaching Tolerance. 2018; : 39-41
McIntosh P., White Privilege and Male Privilege: a personal account of coming to see correspondences through work in women’s studies, 1988, Working paper No. 189. Wellesley, MA: Wellesley Center for Research on Women.
- White privilege: unpacking the invisible Knapsack.Peace & Freedom, Philadelphia, PA1989: 10-12
Allen TW. John Brown Commemoration Committee, 100 West 82., New York, 24, New York, “A Call to join with sponsors of this Call in a John Brown Memorial Pilgrimage to Harper’s Ferry, West Virginia on Saturday, December 4, 1965, cited in Perry, Jeffrey B. (July 2010).
- Structural racism and health inequities in the USA: evidence and interventions.Lancet. 2017; 389: 1453-1463
- Structural Racism In Historical And Modern US Health Care Policy.Health Aff. 2022; 41: 187-194
- Structural racism and health disparities: reconfiguring the social determinants of health framework to include the root cause.J Law Med Ethics. 2020; 48: 518-526
- Reproductive Rights: Unwanted Sterilization and Eugenics Programs in the United States. In: Beyond The Films. 2016.(Available at:)https://www.pbs.org/independentlens/blog/unwanted-sterilization-and-eugenics-programs-in-the-united-states(Accessed April 30, 2022)
- The Pill: The Puerto Rico Pill Trials. In: American Experience.(Available at:)Accessed April 1, 2022)
- 1976: Government Admits Unauthorized Sterilization of Indian Women. Native Voices. US National Library of Medicine.(Available at:)Accessed April 1, 2022)
- Forced Sterilization policies in the US targeted minorities and those with disabilities – and lasted into the 21st century. Institute for Healthcare Policy & Innovation. University of Michigan. 2020.https://ihpi.umich.edu/news/forced-sterilization-policies-us-targeted-minorities-and-those-disabilities-and-lasted-21stDate accessed: July 16, 2022
- The U.S. Public Health Service Syphilis Study at Tuskegee.(Available at:)Accessed April 1, 2022)
- Structural Racism is a Public Health Crisis: Impact on the Black Community. American Public Health Association, 2020.(Available at:)https://www.apha.org/policies-and-advocacy/public-health-policy-statements/policy-database/2021/01/13/structural-racism-is-a-public-health-crisis(Accessed April 20, 2022)
- The Disproportional Impact of COVID-19 on African Americans.Health Hum Rights. 2020; 22: 299-307
- Experiences of Discrimination and Urinary Catecholamine Concentrations: Longitudinal Associations in a College Student Sample.Ann Behav Med. 2020; 54: 843-852
- Racial Profiling is a Public Health and Health Disparities Issue. Published in final form.J Racial Ethn Health Disparities. 2020 Jun; 7: 393-397
- Structural Racism: The Root Cause of the Social Determinants of Health. Bill of Health: Examining the intersection of health law, biotechnology, and bioethics. 2020 Sep.(Available at:)Accessed July 16, 2022)
- Systemic and Structural Racism: Definitions, Examples, Health Damages, and Approaches to Dismantling.Health Aff. 2022; 41 (Available at:)
- Civil Rights in America: Racial Discrimination in Housing. National Park Service. U.S. Department of the Interior national Historic Landmarks Program.https://www.nps.gov/subjects/nationalhistoriclandmarks/upload/Civil_Rights_Housing_NHL_Theme_Study_revisedfinal.pdfDate accessed: July 17, 2022
- Call to Action: Structural Racism as a Fundamental Driver of Health Disparities: A Presidential Advisory From the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2020; 142: 142.e4-8
- Moving Beyond the Statements: The Need for Action to Address Structural Racism at Predominantly White.Institutions. 2020; 5: 174-179
- The Root Causes of Health Inequity. In: Communities in Action: Pathways to Health Equity.2017.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK425845/Date accessed: July 16, 2022
- Diversity Is Not Enough: Advancing a Framework for Antiracism in Medical Education.Acad Med. 2021; 96: 1513-1517
- An Institutional Approach to Fostering Inclusion and Addressing Racial Bias: Implications for Diversity in Academic Medicine.Reaching Learn Med. 2019; 32: 110-116
- The US will become ‘minority white’ in 2045, Census projects. The Avenue - Brookings. 2018.(Available at:)https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-avenue/2018/03/14/the-us-will-become-minority-white-in-2045-census-projects/(Accessed May 1, 2022)
- Dismantling Structural Racism in Academic Medicine: A Skeptical Optimism.Acad Med. 2020; 95: 1793-1795
- Is Doctor-Patient Race Concordance Associated with Greater Satisfaction with Care?.J Health Soc Behav. 2002; 43: 296-306
- The Effects of Race and Racial Concordance on Patient-Physician Communication: A Systematic Review of the Literature.J Racial Ethnic Health Disparities. 2018; 5: 117-140
- Increasing racial and ethnic diversity in dermatology: A call to action.J Am Acad Dermatol. 2015; 74: 584-587